Monday, March 8, 2010

Game ON...

Here we go again, I'm back in the game. Oh how I love the dating game. Can I just say that I had the BEST two months of nothing but peace and loveliness and total alone time, completely free from MEN. I've literally been a loner and it's so funny because my roommates don't know me very well, and think that being home alone all the time is the norm for me. Bahahaha! A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on the couch in my pj's eating a nice dinner that I cooked for myself and was watching The Wedding Planner. Fiona came home and said "don't you ever go out? do you date at all? Don't you even have a crush on someone? We need to get you out!". One side of me wanted to laugh hysterically in her face and the other side of me kind of, sort of started to feel a little bit pathetic. I didn't say anything though, I just giggled a little bit and said "nope". haha.

Don't get me wrong, I love guys and it's not that I don't want to date, because if I didn't want to I just simply wouldn't go out with anyone. The good news is that during this alone time I have been able to do a little soul searching and figure out a little better about what it is that I want. I'm getting a little bit closer to finding him each time, I can totally feel it. I am so so sooooo grateful for every guy I've dated and had a relationship with, I've learned so much from these guys. Shout out to Brandon, Austin, Jon, and John! I feel like they've helped me the most out of everyone, and I LOVE each of them for it!

Advise I got from my 31 year old roommate last night -- "Get married before you're 30, because once you get out of the YOUNG single adult wards it just gets ugly. There are some WEIRDOS out there, and some real creeps." Amen. I remember my mom telling me similar things from when she was dating again after her and dad got divorced. I'm starting to see the truth in those statements. I went out with a guy who is 35 years old this weekend, first of all I didn't know he was that old, the guy is HOT. Second I'm pretty sure he has a girlfriend that he is LIVING with, no big deal. Sheesh!


Anyway, it's nice being in a new area and meeting new people. So far I've met some really amazing people and I'm grateful for this opportunity to start fresh and make new friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ok... but when you are done there and need somewhere new... you know where to find me and you better believe I already have like 18 dates lined up for you! Even just come visit ;) Love you!!

March 9, 2010 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Good lookin out girl! ;) I am coming to visit sometime I just haven't figured out when and pretty sure I won't have time for a date unless it's with YOU!

March 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home