Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Thought that Counts...












A couple of weeks ago this woman from work (this woman is actually my boss!) called me into her office to tell me that she has a ton of clothes that she needs to get rid of because her closet is overflowing. She thought they'd fit me and wondered if I would be interested in taking them. After she raved about how cute, amazing, and great these clothes were I was excited to get them. She talked to me for probably about 20 minuets about how she's having the hardest time parting from these clothes and especially the suits because they are all just so cute! She doesn't dress bad but we don't exactly have the same taste in clothes, but I figured it wouldn't really matter because a lot of professional attire is classic. Right!? ...WRONG!!

She brought me out to the parking lot the next day to give me the clothes. Each article of clothing was hanging in her backseat and she pulled each one out individually and told its history. "This jacket was my most favorite jacket, its sooo cute and I got it at Macy's for half price. I'm just so sad it doesn't fit anymore and I don't want to just give it to anyone, I thought you could appreciate and take care of it!" I got some kind of story like that for each thing she pulled out of the car.

Now don't get me wrong I am grateful that she was so kind to think of me and want to share with me. But really, what the heck was she thinking!!?!?!? These pictures are of the favorite jacket and pants (I'm pretty sure my grandma has those exact pants) and the super cute very nice suite that was so hard to part from. Kandis enjoyed the lil fashion show I put on for her and loved taking these pics.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brianne said...

Ok, I was dying of laughter after reading this post. I have so been there before. What happens when your boss asks why you aren't wearing your special new super cute hand me downs?

December 1, 2008 at 10:18 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Oh yeah I left out a part of this story. A couple days later I told her that I hadn't had time to try on the clothes yet but asked her what I should do if they didn't fit. She wants them back! Eeekk. I've been to chicken to hand them back! I kept one decent skirt and one shirt so that she won't feel so bad.

December 2, 2008 at 8:59 PM  
Blogger Bekah B. said...

You are too funny!! At first I looked at the pictures and was thinking " well i guess california gave amber a new and interesting style"...luckly the story cleared that up!!

December 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home